RATES & OPTIONS
* base price, includes GST.
Does not include Travel Charge
The basic package you need for placing your photos into the MLS system or your own website
Clean, beautiful still images to sell your new listing
up to 20 images
1280 x 960 image size
optimized for web use
24 hr turnaround
FREE Video Tour
High Resolution video
VIMEO PRO hosting
No Ads shown
Full Screen viewer
* up to 2400 sq ft
* more photos $5 ea
What’s Best for You?
I offer two options for your listing photographs. Both will include the Still Photographs and the Mobile VideoTour.
There are several options for real estate listing presentations, still photographs, video, “virtual tour” and Matterport 3D style tours. The problem with Virtual and 3D tours is they may not work all that well on mobile devices which are being used more and more for searching real estate listings. Just about every realtor and potential buyer is carrying a mobile phone or tablet these days.
The Still Photo package video is a presentation of the photographs presented in a slide show with animation and music. It will start with a title screen with the property address and will end with your contact information and a link to your website or any internet page you choose to use.
The Property Website package is the same as the Still Photo package but it is presented as a Property Website which will be shown as a web page where additional information can be added or displayed differently. This will “mimic” what many Virtual Tour pages look like with the ability to search for the listing by a location address. It is also mobile friendly.
* base price, includes GST,
Does not include Travel Charge
Everything you need if you do not have your own website or you want to focus on a single property. Includes everything in the STILL PHOTO PACKAGE.
Compact media presentation, ideal for viewing on smart devices.
High Resolution video
VIMEO PRO hosting
No Ads shown
Full Screen viewer
*up to 2400 sq ft.
Prices Effective September 1, 2017
There is no travel charge for locations in the immediate Qualicum Beach and Parksville area. For locations outside the home service area please ask for a quote. Travel charges are based on kilometres travelled round trip from Qualicum Beach and Parksville.
SERVICES and RATES
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DO YOU HAVE?
Most of what you require is covered in my basic service however there are a few options available at an extra cost.
- SINGLE PROPERTY WEBSITE – this is a single page Property Website specifically designed for a single purpose, to market one residence. Some realtors do not have a website of their own and rely on their Brokerage to promote their listings on the corporate website. Building and maintaining a website is expensive and time consuming so this is an affordable way to market yourself and your listing. Using the corporate site is fine but it ties you to their branding and is part of a larger overall marketing vehicle. As an independent, you may want to promote your own business in addition to what the brokerage provides. The Property Website page focuses on just one thing, you nd your listing, nothing else.I will set up a Property website for your listing at a cost of $50 plus GST and host it on a site I provide that is generic. The link I provide will go to only one page, yours and nothing else will be shown. If the viewer goes to the root page of the site they will only see the name of the hosting service. For an example of what is provided on the Property Website click on this link http://fastlook.ca/2467w47ave
This site requires you purchase the mobile version because the page will draw the photographs from the Vimeo presentation and provides the best venue for viewing the property on any device – computer, tablet or smartphone.
- SKY REPLACEMENT – sometimes the sky is grey and dull, or so bright that it becomes almost pure white. Dull and blown out skies detract from the overall image and something that complements the exterior of the home will add to its curb appeal. Replacing the sky can sometimes be tricky, especially if the image is going into a tour that will be viewed full screen. It also depends on what else is in the scene. A lot of trees and shrubs can make the replacement. I provide one sky replacement free of charge for the front view of the property. If you require more than one sky replacement there is a charge of $5 per image. Keep in mind that if I replace the sky in one photo, you may want to consider replacing the sky in all other exterior photos you choose to use in your listing. presentation
- REPLACING GRASS, REMOVING OBJECTS – replacing something that looks bad or detracts from an image can be done, the question is whether or not it is ethical and/or misleading to the viewer. Removing objects which are not fixed in place is something I can and will do. An example is a child’s pool that is sitting in the middle of the yard, I can remove that because it can be drained and put away. Broken or cracked windows, peeling paint, power lines, cracks in the driveway, these are the kind of things that you can’t “fix” in photoshop without crossing a legal and moral boundary. Each situation is different so what I can or cannot do won’t be determined until I actually see what the distraction is. Retouching of items that can be done is charged at an hourly rate of $25 per hour.
CAN I HAVE A DESKTOP AND MOBILE VERSION OF THE TOUR?
Yes, you can have both a desktop version and a mobile version of our media tours. Simply add $25 to the price of the Desktop Tour and you have it all – photos for the MLS system and your website, plus two versions of the tour which can be viewed at their best on a computer or a smart device.
DO I RECEIVE ANY REPORTS WITH A TOUR?
YES, with the desktop tour you will receive weekly reports sent by email concerning the activity on your tour. The VIMEO tour does not provide any activity reports.
DO YOU USE HDR?
The short answer is NO. The long answer is YES, in some situations. HOWEVER, 99% of the time I am using lights, especially when photographing interiors. I originally photographed everything using HDR exclusively but as I started to photograph more luxury homes and projects for builders and designers the need to have cleaner, more accurate colour in my photographs influenced my decision for using lights more often. Photographing with HDR is certainly faster for some but I strive to deliver the best lit and colour accurate images I can and getting through a shoot in 30 minutes using HDR is not going to deliver the results I want to give my clients.
That being said, there are photographers who can produce acceptable results using HDR, I have chosen to avoid that process as much as possible, but if you like the HDR look and want that process I can certainly deliver photographs using that method.
WHY DO YOU CHARGE FOR TRAVEL?
I charge for travel outside of the Qualicum Beach and Parksville areas. Operating expenses for a vehicle are constantly increasing, not just fuel but all expenses involved with keeping a vehicle on the road. There is also an increase in the time it takes me to get somewhere, and long travel times takes photography and production time out of my work day earnings.
DO YOU CHARGE THE SAME FOR ANY SIZE HOME?
No, my basic price is for anything up to 2,400 sq ft and two levels. This will produce on average around 20 photographs including exterior views. Once I get into bigger homes it starts to take longer to photograph and if there are very large rooms and more than two levels it takes extra lighting equipment to set up and move around. Because every situation is unique please ask for a quote which I will base on the square footage of the home and how many levels and rooms it has.
DOES THE HOME HAVE TO BE READY TO PHOTOGRAPH?
In a word – YES. My appointments are scheduled so I can move from one appointment to the next on time to ensure I can deliver my photographs to you as quickly as possible. Every home should be ready to photograph when I arrive. I am unable to wait for furniture to be moved, rooms de-cluttered, etc. When I arrive I am expecting to photograph the place as is. I will wait for small things to be moved out of the way quickly. If there is a lot to move I will leave a room until later when it is ready to photograph but I must complete my work within the time I have allocated for the appointment.
It is in the best interest of the seller to have their home as ready as it is going to be for the first Open House. The photographs are what entice a potential buyer to view the property in person. The photographs for the home are the first impression for a prospective buyer. Cluttered countertops, dirty bathrooms, objects out in the open that should be put away, all of these add up to a negative viewing experience that might very well suggest to someone this particular place is not something they want to spend any time to look at.
DO YOU TAKE TWILIGHT AND EVENING PHOTOS?
Yes, this is an extra charge above the base rate and travel charge. If I have to make a second trip to shoot a twilight, the charge is the same as a new session, even though fewer photographs will be produced. If I can schedule the twilight session to continue within 2 hours of taking the first set of photos there is a reduced rate. The twilight session will be 50% more. For example if the rate for the first session is $100, the total cost including some twilight photos would be $150. Ask for a quote if you are requiring some evening or twilight photos because each circumstance is different.
DO YOU PROVIDE PHOTOS FOR PRINT?
Yes, there is an extra charge to resize and set a photo to a higher resolution for print versus using a photo for the web. The standard size I provide is 1280 x 960 pixels at 72 ppi which is the standard resolution for web images. There is no need for them to be higher than 72 ppi for web use. In most instances these photos will look fine when used for a brochure provided they are not enlarged beyond the 1280 x 960 size.
If you want to use larger photographs for print and require 240 or 300 dpi, which are the standard print resolutions, I provide copies at 300 dpi and the images are full size, approximately 6000 x 4000 pixels. The charge is $5 per image to deliver these to you or your printing service via Dropbox.
DO YOU HAVE A CANCELLATION POLICY?
Yes. If you cancel within 24 hours there will be a $50 charge. If you wish to change a scheduled appointment within 24 to 48 hours, there is a $25 charge to move your existing appointment to another date or time.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
Terms of payment are cash, credit card or interac e-transfer. Payment is due prior to the finished photographs being delivered to the client. I do not accept payment by cheque.
WHAT ARE YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
PHOTOGRAPHY AGREEMENT AND LICENSE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions govern our agreement. The agreement is between the “PHOTOGRAPHER” (Perfect Home Pix, Peter Slupski, P Slupski Consulting inc.) and you, the client. Your use of the Photographs signifies your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We agree to provide you with the Photographs for the location you have requested. If you have paid us in full, you have the Rights to use the Photographs. You agree that the Rights to use the Photographs have been granted only to you. You agree not to transfer, assign or sublicense your Rights to use the Photographs, or the photographs contained therein, to anyone without our written permission.
When you receive the Photographs we have fulfilled our obligation. Any additional services requested after delivery of the Photographs will incur an additional fee.
You agree that the PHOTOGRAPHER will remain the owner of all the copyrights in the Photographs. ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE THE COPYRIGHT OF THE PHOTOGRAPHER. This agreement does not transfer copyright to you. You agree we reserve all rights not granted to you by this agreement.
Your Rights permit you post our photographs on multiple listing services and make the Photographs available in your MLS listing for the Property. However, your Rights do not permit third-parties to copy, display or distribute our photographs for the purpose of providing services competitive with the Photographs you have purchased from us UNLESS you give them your written permission. In any event. the Photographs will always be owned by the PHOTOGRAPHER.
If anyone asks you for any of your Rights to the Photographs, you agree to refer them to us. If we agree to allow others to use the Photographs an additional fee may be required. We agree not to use the Products in a way that interferes with your Rights. We have the right to display any of the Photographs we have taken for you, on our websites, and Social Media for our marketing purposes. We will not sell or provide your Photographs to anyone else without your written permission.
You authorize us to come onto the Property and take photographs. You have the authority to allow us entry and permit us to take photographs. You promise to indemnify us, defend us, and pay the expenses of our defense, if a claim is made against us arising out of the services we perform for you.
We are an independent contractor and not your employee. You are not our agent and cannot make agreements for us.
Our Fee is payable prior to the delivery of the Photographs. If for any reason payment is not made the Rights granted to you will terminate automatically.